Monday, February 8, 2010

Starting Seeds

Every year we plant some tomatoes, basil, and a few other summer veggies in our backyard. Now, I have a truly black thumb, once I managed to kill a cactus, but with a toddler in the house I thought it would be worthwhile to try and start our veggies from seed this year. I was also inspired by the wonderful heirloom tomatoes at last year's farmer's market and the new seed store downtown (http://rareseeds.com) to try some varieties that I wouldn't have been able to find at Osh.

Just like I hoped this turned out to be a great activity.  Thomas had fun both planting the seeds and being the photographer to document our planting session.  He loves to get to use the camera and I have been surprised at how well he can use it at 2! Below you will find our planting session through his eyes.

 

 
  


Possible Literature Connections




Growing Vegetable Soup: Lap-Sized Board Book








No comments:

Post a Comment