Friday, March 5, 2010

Veggie Pancakes

 

Lena is at that age where she just wants to feed herself.  This is both freeing and restrictive.  It is great having her able to eat along side of us and being able to eat myself!  But with only 2 teeth, I also find myself limited in variety, especially in the veggie department.   Recently I came upon this great recipe on Parents.com.  The results were awesome!  Silver dollar corn-cakes full of veggies that both my kids have eaten!  They also freeze great.  Next time I think I am going to try spinach and maybe carrots or sweet potatoes.  Please try it out and let me know what other combinations worked for you!

Veggie Corn-cakes

Ingredients
1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix
1 egg
6 tablespoons of water
2 medium zuchinnis shredded
1/2 can of chopped canned beets
2 tablespoons of canola oil

Mix everything but oil together in a medium bowl.  Drop silver dollar sized pancakes into hot canola oil.  Cook until brown (about 2 minutes) on each side. Makes about 24 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment